Friday 25 January 2013

Folksy Friends Part 2

Here is the long awaited second part of my Folksy Friends series, to celebrate the work of my fellow Folksians who have supported me through advice and friendship.

This Friday I am showcasing the work of some of the lovely jewellers on Folksy. Please click on the shop name to visit them.

Midnight Star Designs



Colleen makes such intricate jewellery and I love it so much that I bought my mum a necklace from her for Christmas- my mum loves it too! I particularly like Colleen's fun hand stamped bracelets and would love to try this technique sometime.

Creative Treasures



Teresa creates the most wonderfully detailed beadwork pieces and has recently ventured into making her own polymer clay beads and canes. As always she has shown immense talent and aptitude at this.

Abyjem 



Faith uses lampwork beads and semi precious stones to complement her silver smithing skills. She creates beautiful pieces and I have a soft spot for her rings, having bought a gorgeous one for myself once which always gets compliments when I wear it.

Marthamoo Beads



Lindsay makes colourful beaded jewellery and wire wrapped rings, along with cute little felt creations. Here's one of my favourites, a gorgeous millefiori bead made into a ring- fab!

Beadstorm Jewellery



Sue makes pretty jewellery using a wide variety of beads, including glass, semi precious and shell. I love her haematite designs- they are very distinctive and unique.

Adien Crafts



Diane makes the most beautiful jewellery using semi precious and glass beads. She manages to make wire wrapping look so easy- I'm in awe of her skills.

Deborah Jones Jewellery



Deborah is the most amazingly talented silversmith and I love her creations. She adds beads of glass and semi precious stone to create an earthy organic look. One day I'd like to be a silversmith too......

I hope you have enjoyed my celebration of my Folksy jewellery friends. Have a lovely weekend and stay warm.

5 comments:

  1. Stunning collection of wonderful Folksy sellers, love everything, thanks for including me :)

    Colleen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work great selection of items

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy being amongst these friendly supportive creative people too, thanks for including me.
    Deborahx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louisa

    Great blog - and thanks for including me and my hematite necklace in it!

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for including me in your Blog - its great being part of such a lovely community xx
    Faith

    ReplyDelete